Thursday, July 5, 2018

New Schedule & Why I failed before.

In the past when I'd get super motivated, I think I would always try to ramp things up way too quickly.  I would start pretty small but just toss on way too much way too soon...  Funny enough, I came to this realization by working out.  I'd start at something small like 20 and try to do an extra 5 or so every day, and I would always get to 100ish and start saying "I'll do it tomorrow..."

And a similar thing with my art and youtube and many other things.  Then i'd feel bad that I missed a day, and miss a few more days because i missed those days and the whole thing just kinda fell apart.

And with the whole ADHD and depersonalization thing, my entire brain just kinda implodes on itself...  and it's gross.

THE NEW PLAN,  Instead of ramping up too quickly, im gonna stay in those lower numbers and focus more on building the habbit up before i try picking up the pace.  Trying to build a better routine.  Depersonalization doesnt like it when I try to do things for myself.  So focusing on things that pertain to me is really hard.  If I can "automate" some of my natural instincts with habit and routine, I'm hoping it will help in that regard and the more I read about it, routine and meditation really helps with both of those issues I really struggle with  DPD and ADHD.

So I'm taking a HUGE step back.  Starting small.  Staying small.  Working on building those positive habits.  and building up slowly.

Everything I've read and seen about DPD and ADHD says this will help both of those areas....  So let's put this this to the test!!

No comments:

Post a Comment