Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Nov. 5, 2014 - Gestures and Mikasa

The month has barely started and I've already drawn more than last month.  Let's keep this going!

Did some more 30 second drawings.
I've noticed while watching that art vlog the other day that my gestures are still pretty off.  This is still a thing I need to study further but it is something that I thought of half way through these and tried to be more aware of during the rest of the ones that I did.  I feel I had mixed results.


On that same note of gestures.  Gestures aren't a thing that are meant to always be drawn very quickly.  I've heard this from many artists of notable position, namely vilppu.  With this in mind, I cranked my timer up to 2 min to see if I was able to focus on capturing the movement and gesture alone and not so much the contours and other details I normally focused on in 2 min sketches.
I feel like I gained a lot of knowledge when doing these.  If not from the simple fact of focusing on the gesture for longer than 30 or so seconds but as a reminder to myself that gestures are actually a very complicated subject and that it's ok to spend a little extra time on them.  I think I'm to the point where I can start slowing down again.  Get back into longer studies and sketches.  More learning More learning!!

OH and forgot to post this yesterday.  This was an art trade I did with my buddy Melly.  I did Mikasa from Attack On Titans.
Was just a silly fun sketch, but he liked it.  Pretty pleased with Mikasa's pose.  I wasn't able to find any reference for exactly the pose I wanted so i just winged it.  Didn't turn out half bad.  The titan is a bit derpy but.. eh.


It's a nice feeling to know that in the span of 2 days I have already drawn more than the entire month of October.  I had a lot of crap going on in october, but it's a nice feeling regardless.
Anyway MORE TRAINING!

No comments:

Post a Comment