Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Mermaid Nona

Attempting this MerMay challenge with Mermaid Nona!


Yep I decided to do the MerMay challenge thing!
And yea.. Nona's a robot mermaid now.   At least for May haha.  Funny though, I've actually been thinking a lot after I drew this picture on how something like this wouldnt REALLY break her lore.  Very fun concepts to play with.  But for now it was fun to do. 

I also tried that new coloring method this time around.  I'm really loving it so far!  It's a little strange playing around with the extra layers....  but i think it's something I could get used to.

Line layer:

My line layers are messy.  But I don't hate it?  I dunno I've actually been doing a super messy recoloring of the sketch layer to black for the "line" work.  and I actually think it's fine (?)  Some artists might kill me for speaking such blasphemous words.  But I dunno.  I dont hate it.  Till i decide to really learn more about proper line work, I might just stick with this method.  I dont see the harm in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment