Friday, August 30, 2013

Aug. 25 - 28, 2013 - Gestures and Monster Girls

I DIDNT FORGET!  Things have just been busy.  I'll try to get these out on time better again, but for the time being things might be a bit sporadic.  Apologies in advance.

As mentioned in a previous blog, I am still trying to do 1000 gestures this week...  buuuuut, as I said, the business factor has played a bit of a part in it.  I will surely try as much as I can though.and here is what I managed to do on the 27th.  It's definitely more than I'm usually able to pull off, but still nowhere near what i needed to get the 1k.



I wrote Exaggerate in the top in an attempt to remind myself it's ok to go over the top a bit with gestures.  I'm actually rather pleased with the turnout of these.  I felt a bit looser on the later ones and the quality of those are a bit better because of it.

It seems that every time I start drawing i have to climb myself out of a "not so good" phase.  It takes a while before I really get the flow going.  I need to keep this in mind.



I showed my good friend shaunzy the monster girl challenge and he wanted to do it himself, then melly hopped on board also.  After a bit of talking I decided to restart the challenge so we can do it together.  So that's what I did!  I'll still probably keep the other one going for added practice, but who knows.  Here's the few I redid.
Harpy
 Centaur
 Slime


I am proud of the slime one.  I had done this one after the mass gesture drawings that day and I felt really on top of my game.  Although it's still really simple, I was particularly proud of the head and hair.  But i think the whole thing turned out rather nice.  The centaur one turned out pretty awesome also I think.

 Then some more sketches for the 28th.
 Had a lot on my mind this day, but a few turned out rather decent.
 I need to pick up my game if I am to even reach half of 1k gestures.
Amongst these, I only hit 83.   Maybe 1k is a bit high, but I will at least shoot for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment