Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Going public?

I've put a lot of work into this blog and have made quite a bit of progress with my art.  An unexpected side effect of this blog has been that it's actually helped a few people, or at least double think some things that have been holding them back.

That got me thinking a bit.  What if I tried being more public with this blog?  Not so much this blog, but to expand the idea of this blog to other platforms.  For example, to Youtube.  Very often on youtube you'll find these already established artists sharing things they've learned.  Never before have I seen an artist in my position, or similar position, sharing their story while it happens.  And that could possibly reach and help more people to improve themselves.  And with the big art push coming up (update on that at the end) maybe I could give it a try.

One of the things I love about this blog is its isolation away from everything.  It feels like my own little part of the internet.  By trying to expand the idea of the blog to more socially driven parts of the internet, my main fear would be that I'd be overwhelmed in some way or another.  But should I let my own feelings and emotions get in the way of potentially helping fellow artists work through their own troubles?  That's a hard question.  One that I'm not sure I have the answer to just yet.  I'm leaning very strongly in the direction of giving youtube a shot.  Even if it doesn't work out I'll always have this blog regardless.  Maybe if I didn't do daily vlogs but weekly?  And sense I'm part of a rather flexible network, potential partnership and partnership benefits could also come into play as well.  Ah who knows.  But you bet I'll keep you guys posted if I start that up.

Update on myself.
I have been on schedule with completing those projects I mentioned in the last update.  Things are still very much on track and the two projects in focus will be finished up by the end of this week.  (unless of-course more life happens, then I'll just deal with as much as I can and try to pump out the finale's this weekend.)

No art this time, but progress is still happening!

...in finishing up other things at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment