Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Nov. 18, 2013 - Vilppu Refresher - Succubus -True Monster

Here we are.  Back in the saddle again.
It's good to be back!

I finished off all those things I'd been yapping about finishing off for a while and everybody that should know that my main focus will now be art should know.  It's a huge weight off my shoulders.  I was half expecting a bit of an outrage for my decision, but everybody seems really cool about it.  My friends seem to be more than willing to help if they can, and my followers seem to be excited with where this art journey takes me.  It's nice.  It's real nice.  I am extremely appreciative of their support!  I won't let them down.  NOW TIME TO ART!

I decided to kick things off with some Vilppu revisits.  Chapter 1.
Just trying to reacquaint myself with the fundamentals.  Concept of gesture, motion, and fluidity. A common mistake that I used to make in the past was that I always assumed that I absolutely had to master one thing before moving on.  Revisiting the first lesson reminded me that art doesn't really work that way.  Every time you revisit a subject or a topic, it is entirely possible that you can take something entirely new away from it.  Having learned a bit about how shapes and forms work, I think I was able to take a bit away from this and tie things together just that much.  I'm learning how the gesture fits inside and works with the forms, rather than simply being the "first step" of a drawing.  It all has it's ways of working together.  so attempting to learn ALL aspects of one element is  bad idea.

I wanted to start this session off good, so rather than the regular forms and gesture sketches, I thought I would return to the Monster Girl challenge.  The Succubus
I'm actually pretty surprised with this one.  It turned out way better than I though it would, especially having been away for so long.  The proportions seem to all fit, and the overall image just seems to work.  A friend of mine mentioned that the arm placement could have been a little better and I agree, but overall, well done me. good job. 

Still didn't want to do the gesture sketches and traditional study after that, so I did another monster girl.  "True Monster"
I wasn't exactly sure the direction I wanted this one to go, but so I just kind of threw in a lot of things.  Once again, I'm a bit impressed.  Especially with the torso mouth thing haha.  I'm not sure why but the forms dont feel quite as in tact as the succubus, but hey, it's not bad.


I started all these a bit late, but that's just the timing of everything.  I wasn't able to dive in all those hours I want, but I'll get there.  It's just good to be back.

More training!

No comments:

Post a Comment