Monday, August 27, 2018

Draw a box Starts... & Summer Nona!!

Over the last few days i've been poking around random streamers on twitch and I ran into a user by the name of "jkevinyu" He was doing some amazing art studies of his own and we got to talking a bit about anatomy and a fellow by the name of Michael Hampton.  Michael hampton does amazing breakdowns on the human form and has a book called "Figure Drawing: Design and Invention"  We talked a bit more and he suggested that I should do the first lesson on a website called www.DrawaBox.com to help prepare me for Hampton...  So that's what this is!!  Draw a box supersizes from lesson 1 part 1!!!

Super imposed lines.  Drawing the line over and over a few times to i guess build muscle memory? 




Line Ghosting:
Moving your hands over one point to another point over and over before actually putting the line down:




Then Plane exercises:
Putting 4 dots then drawing lines to connect them in a plane.




These lessons were very interesting.  Of-course they kind of felt as though they are below my level a bit...  But Im taking these as serious as I can.  If there's one thing I want more than anything else int he world, it's to make this whole art thing work.  So it's good practice to get these lessons done.  and done correctly.  I kinda feel that there is a lot of backdoor learning to all of these lessons.  I kinda felt that way about the line ghosting, but even more so about the planes.  It's teaching something different.  Something I'm not quite used to nor can i really put my finger on just yet.   Fascinating stuff though!!






Then our summertime Nona!



Another one I did on steam for the fun of it.  Kinda felt bad I didnt do this one during summer.  But hey ya can never be too late right? :D

Something about the proportions on this one just feel a little off.  Im not super happy with it, but I'm glad it's done.  It's not super bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment