Thursday, August 16, 2018

NEW (replaced) TABLET!??

So the new tablet I got last year about this time kinda sucked.

It was a good tablet but it always had this problem where the drivers would randomly stop, seemingly for no reason, and the only way to fix the problem was to completely restart the computer.  Which of-course ruined work flow especially with [sometimes] having to restart multiple time if I wanted to draw something particularly large.

I thought it was just a little issue I could live with until i hopefully one day upgraded to a cintiq...  but as of late the problem became so monumentally annoying.  I couldn't do anything without it completely messing up.

So I decided to return it to at least get my money back or maybe a replacement to fix the problem.

Welp, unfortunately the normal warranty went out literally days before all this frustration just got to me.  I sent some messages back and forth with both Amazon and the XP Pen people and yea sure enough I couldn't return it normally.  Which wasn't that big a problem, That's why I had the extended warranty from some 3rd party company...  When I went to use the extended warranty I ACCIDENTALLY REFUNDED THE EXTENDED WARRANTY??  How on earth is that even possible.  After some frustrating messages back and forth with the 3rd party warranty people they were sure to inform me that "Yes you're warranty has been refunded to your account."

So after a few frustrating moments later I sent them a uhh  let's just say "less than happy" message about the entire situation.  But somehow or another that message ended up in XP Pen's inbox??

Then unexpectedly I got this message in my inbox:

""Dear valued customer,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Acctually, we provide one-year warranty on the product, not three years, like I have mentioned in the last mail, Our product itself has a one-year warranty. But we do not sell additional product warranty time. What you said should be a warranty service for all electronic products sold by a third-party company. In fact, these companies did not cooperate with us, we also do not know how they perform warranty service. 

As we take responsible to our customer, our faith is to provide affordable excellent digital drawing tablet as well as excellent customer service, even your tablet is already over due, but we still like to help you to get a brand new replacement which will be the updated version of Artist16, Artist16 Pro performance more professional. 

Depending on our replacement policy, you may need to first help us return the Artist16 to our return address first. And please tell us the tracking number, once we can track the tracking information we will immediately re-send a new product which is Artist16 Pro to you.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!

Best regards,
Jessica ""

Needless to say, I didn't expect this at all haha!

I shipped off the tablet, and the new tablet just came in a moment ago.  I got it all set up and so far it seems that the problem isn't there anymore.  I am absolutely blown away by XP Pen.  I can even fully express my gratitude for how much of a headache they saved me from for not returning the product sooner.  XP Pen, quality company.  Like wow.  Huge props.

It's nothing special but here are the first sketches I did on the tablet.


then mom did a few lines as well haha


What a nice turn of events.  ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment