Saturday, April 19, 2014

April 19, 2014 - Alien, Cyclops, Satyr, Canine Monster Girls, Random doodles and Random Ramblings

Really kicking myself in gear.
Was able to sit down and do quite a few of these Monster Girl Drawings.
Alien Girl
  Cyclops Girl
Satyr Girl

Canine Girl Stuff.


And random doodles.  Tired starting on faces then stuff but got a bit tired working on them.






While I can stand back and nit pick the random little elements of these drawings, I can honestly say I'm pretty satisfied with them.  I was trying to feel the forms in my later monster girl drawings.  With some mixed results.  But that is what I was trying.  The entire point of the Monster Girl Challenge (at least for me) was not to create some wonderful pieces of art, or demonstrate fantastic character designs.  It was to just get me to draw a thing.  And I've managed to get some decent sketches out of the deal, so it's a win win. :D!

A bit on the sketches on the end, I tried to do faces and expressions.  Cartoony/animey expressions.  While drawing them I felt as though they were the absolute worst things ever...  But once again, as it always plays out, Looking back at them, some were actually not terrible.  Really want to focus on faces and stuff.


Random Ramblings

So this video art vlog thing i've been talking about for a while...  I know I've really hinted to wanting to start it, but I think I'm REALLY REALLY ready this time.  JUST GOTTA GEAR UP A BIT.  Soon.  Im learning how to not only redirect a lot of my attention back to art, but to also cope with the silly situations that are happening around me.  It's been a bit of a process.

I feel very passionately about one day doing these video blogs.  I'm sure I've mentioned this before on the blog, but over my years of creating silly little videos on youtube it's genuinely amazing how many people i have been able to touch and influence in a positive way.  Imagine if I'm able to do something of that nature with an art video log series??  If i'm able to help some poor soul somewhere avoid the silly mistakes i've made in my art past... wow.  That would be fantastic!

While there is still a part of me that wants to think "I'm too old" and that I've "Missed the bus" on this whole art thing.  I want to prove myself wrong, and show others that there is a way.  I just need to make sure I'm ready for the task.  The people I follow say there is a way.  Not just one, but ALL of them.  While I'm not entirely in doubt of myself, it all boils down to their word against mind.  And from what little improvement I've seen through the past year, I'm convinced these guys are 100% correct.  Just need to get in gear...  I was close, then it felt like it was all ripped away, now I'm moving back to where I need to be.  One step at a time.  One step at a time.

Need to keep up my training!!

No comments:

Post a Comment