Monday, November 12, 2012

More sketches!

Full week of sketches!
OH MAN!  Not sure what happened yesterday, but I'll celebrate anyway!  I did quite a bit of research on drawing and stuff and learned a lot about "properly"doing gesture drawings. Along with the sycra forums, I found this one to be a good read also.

http://www.ndoylefineart.com/gesture3.html

I tried to take what I learned and applied it to some of these studies.  The first few were an attempt to study the "action gesture" I believe it was called.  I feel a need to know a bit more about those before I attempt them so I didn't do very many. 

Afterwards, I did a few15 second drawings.  I tried to focus on the shapes of the shapes of the character.

Then lastly, I finished it up with the good ol 30 second drawings.

My eyes may be fooling me, but I think I am seeing small improvements in my work.  This pleases me!  Over the coming week, I plan to continue these basic studies but hone in on the head, face and hair.  Either way, I must continue my studies.  I also need to learn more about shapes.





No comments:

Post a Comment