Sunday, January 19, 2014

Jan. 18, 2014 - Sketch, and Make a Request!


So I did a bit of thinking today.  True, things are pretty rough for me lately, but perhaps I jumped the gun a bit with a bit of my rage.  Will explain after the sketch!!!  (Request/ Suggestion/ Comment info will be at the end of this blog)

Only managed to get one sketch today, but I did do a lot of looking back.  The idea behind this sketch was to look back at an older picture and to really analyze what it is that I did wrong and to try to correct the image.  I currently don't have all the work I did last year because of my hard drive failure, so I simply looked at yesterdays images.  I took the one I thought looked decent but not that great and really tried to break it down.  I really like how it turned out haha.  The forms seem more solid, and the proportions seem to be pretty decent as well.  This is a thing I want to do more often, but tonight this is all I've got. 


I was thinking back and I think I had been a bit hard on myself.  Everything that's been going on, I have been super stressed that I'm not working hard enough, and how I need to crank out more studies and more drawings.  I still agree that I need to do these things, but I was feeling very angry about it before.  Very frustrated and aggressive in my head.  Almost to the point of belittling myself that I cant keep up etc etc....

That isn't a healthy way of thinking, not a healthy way of thinking at all.  So I'm taking a calm step back, and really appreciating everything that I've done thus far.  I don't want to sell myself short on my accomplishments I've been able to accomplish, but progress has definitely been made.  Progress has been made on a clear, sometimes frustrated, but mainly clear mind.  And I just took a moment to appreciate that progress.  "Baby steps" as I used to say.  There is no other way.  It is Baby steps.  After dabbling around in tumblr a bit (you'll see why in just a moment) I ran across the old quote
"It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you do not stop" by Confucius and I remembered just how important that, and many other quotes have been to me, not only through this whole art journey but through life in general.  I need to dig up all those old quotes and make a page on here, or better yet, make a wallpaper with them all in there so I can have a nice reminder.  I'd print them out and put them everywhere but the printer is broken... haha.  So that's why there is little art today.  It was a day of reflection.  A much needed day of reflection.


aaaaaaaaaaannnnnd Here's the Make a request thing!


I usually take silly requests from friends, so I thought, why not add a request thing to the blog?  I don't know how long I'll keep it up, but I think it would be a fun experiment.  So I added a "Make a request" button on the the top of the page that you can submit a thing.  Now I can't promise I will draw it, but we'll see.  This could be fun.  :D!

How it works:

It currently links to a tumblr "ASK" page.  But wait, before you explode!!  You won't need a tumblr account to make a suggestion.  I have activated the the "Anonymous" feature  There is no need to make a tumblr account to make a request, I've activated the "Ask Anonymously" feature so you dont need an account to ask.  Also, say something like "I'm from your blogspot" so I can be sure to get to your request quicker.  That way I know you follow me and not just a random guy that found that ask link.  Anyway, have fun with that.

Link:  http://doggyzart.tumblr.com/ask

Till next time.
must KEEP UP MY TRAINING!

No comments:

Post a Comment