Sunday, January 25, 2015

Jan. 25, 2015 - 75 figure sketches, Rin, Bad Sonic Fan Character

Had quite a day haha!
Actually managed to get a lot drawn.  Especially in comparison to recent months.  I've decided to take up the 1000 gestures in one week challenge again and managed to get a lot done!

Here are the pictures.
p1
p2
p3

I started doing these but for some reason I was having quite an emotional up and down when doing them.  I had to constantly remind myself that it's been a while since I've done anything like this and that I shouldnt expect them to all be perfect, or even that great.  About half way through p2 I really started to feel like I was loosening up then by the time I started p3 I think I had got some kind of groove going on.  Each page has 25 figures and they were all done in 1 min each totaling to 75.  I would go on to 100+ but it's getting late and I'm pretty sleepy.  But hey, 75?  Not bad at all.


Next my buddy shaunzy told me to draw a character named Rin from a show called "Love Live"
He said to give her cat like pose so I gave her the cat ears and tail also.


After I drew the picture I didnt think it was that bad.  In fact i rather like the way it turned out.  Although I wanted to try redrawing it only with an attempt to "push the pose" a little more.  To make it a bit more dynamic.  Here is the result.
I actually really like the way this one turned out haha.  A bit more lively!!  Pushing the pose is a popular exercise to help strengthen your understanding of the pose and anatomy.  I need to do more of these.

Then later my buddy melly and I did an art trade where we drew terrible sonic fan characters with out non dominant hands.  (mine being the left)

These are so dumb, but it was silly haha.
Deathslayer-the-hedgehog
and
Metal Slayer the Avenger

they're dumb, and deliberately so.


Overall this was the most productive day/week/month I have had in a very long time.  I'm feeling the drive return!!! IM FEELING IT!!!

MORE TRAINING!



No comments:

Post a Comment