Saturday, January 26, 2013

Photoshop?

(Nudity warning...  kinda.  I covered it up, be quite.)

Spent a good portion of the night fooling around with photoshop.

While I see that is is an amazing program...  Not sure my tablet pc can really handle it.  There is a certain delay that it has that really throws me off.  I will need to search around to see if there is any way to speed up the performance.  So looks like i'll continue my studies in flash more than likely.  (A little more on that at the end of this blog)

On to the art!  I was lucky enough to catch a livestream session, I dont recall the guys username but I've been sitting in on various artists to see their technique.  This particular user was giving some rather interesting tips on how to draw anatomy and a training method that seems like it can be very helpful.

The training was to take your reference image and directly draw on top of it with your guide.  The idea is to get the feel of the inner workings of the character. and to understand how the bones and stuff fit together in the character.  After that, do another sketch of the character using visual reference (not to draw on top of it)  then lastly redraw the image from memory then study the results.  Then theres a ton of tests with photoshop to see if i can work with it...  aaaannnd im leaning more towards no at the moment.  At least until i can sort out the lag problem.  Maybe if I can get ahold of a really old version of photoshop.




This next thing was something i drew along with that guy while he was explaining it.  It was a strange way of creating a figure from a box.  I'll have to hunt down the video if he saved it in the archives.  If he didn't I'll try to explain it more here.  But it was really helpful!






And this happened too.

**EDIT**
OH YEA  I meant to talk a bit about flash before I end this blog.  For some reason I really like the sketchy nature of flash, which is the main reason I do these studies in there.  Not to mention there is 0 lag and it's better than Windows Paint haha XD

I NEEEEED to stop doing these late sleepy studies.  >.<

Either way, MORE TRAINING!

No comments:

Post a Comment