Friday, July 26, 2013

July 25, 2013

A few I did.
The focused seemed to shift between each of them.

I've had quite a bit on my mind and it's made it a bit difficult to focus on what exactly to draw.  I am kind of learning what works for me and what doesnt.  I did, however, learn a rather interesting lesson.  Though all of my research and studies, these techniques are usually presented in this order "gesture, forms, contour, then something else I cant quite remember if there is a 4th.

With that being said, I always kind of had the idea that I had to absolutely master one before moving on to the next, which always felt a bit like a burden to hurry up and learn one thing so I can learn the next.  While it didn't completely wreck my mood, it did kind of damper things a bit seeing that i clearly didn't fully understand gestures before i moved onto form or tried to dabble in with colors earlier in the blog, or any other little thing i have done.

Then It just hit me...  That's not the way it works!  Many artists have said that things like gesture, form, contour, etc, take a very long time to fully understand!  There is no simple "Learn this before that" technique.  This realization really lifted the mood because lately I feel that I have really been grasping the understanding of forms while I still feel that I am lacking in the gesture department, and even more so lacking in the action line department.

I am learning things at my own pace.  Sphere forms are a bit easier for me to grasp than box forms or gesture lines.  BUT NONE OF THESE THINGS ARE "SIMPLE CONCEPTS"  Well, perhaps they are a bit simple, but fully learning these wont come over night.  I don't know why but that was kind of a big awakening moment for me.  I will need to remember this when moving forward.  I constantly remember what vilppu always says "these are tools not rules."  A portion of me wants to just ditch these tools and deem broken or to change them up a bit to make them easier for me to grasp but...  I now see the importance of learning to use them the way they are before i do any major changes to them.  I know I can learn to use them, just takes time.  One step at a time, slow and steady progress.  Next time I hope to have a bit more focused now that this whole Hard Drive issue has been laid to rest...

Hard Drive Update:
It appears that the content in it is lost...  at least for now.  Geek Squad seems to be my only option, or the only option that I trust to get the files back.  The extremely hefty price tag of $500 - $1600 is...  impossible... for the time being.  And will more than likely not be a impossibility for some time...  So I'm setting the drives in storage to one day hope to recover them.

In the meantime, yesterday I went and picked myself up a new hard drive.  I took the raid out and threw in the new drive.  I went a bit out on this hard drive, I know space has always been an issue for me so I just bit my lip and picked up a 3TB hard drive.  Admittedly, my recent issues with hard drives has made me a bit nervous to put any new content on the thing for fear of failing...  But whatever, what are ya gonna do ya know?  I am looking in to possible backup options for this 3TB drive but I'm just being a bit paranoid.  Funds are a bit rubbish at the moment so I don't have a lot of options.  I've began the slow process of redownloading what I can, this could take a while.  Sense my last organization method went so swell, I'm attempting a refined version of that for this new drive.

But anyway, that's not what this blog is about!  More arts tomorrow!  Tomorrow I will focus on focus!  Focus on focus...  lol XD

No comments:

Post a Comment